Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Workaholic

I am married to my job.

Not because I have to be.
Because I want to be.

I am a bit of a hermit.
I hate the clubbing scene.
I hate loud noise - and crowds.

I don't have many friends.
As I whinge about here often.

I am married to my job.

The chance to work additional hours pops up.
I take them.
The chance to take on additional duties.
I grab them.
Not because I paid any different.
Not because I enjoy every aspect.

I wanted to go back to study.
For me.
I ended up choosing a degree which will not further my current job.
But guess what, I always knew, that the electives would benefit my employer.

Its because my job,
Is all I have.

My job is great.
I love it.
My boss is fantastic.
The pay is... okay
But who wouldn't prefer more?

A colleague hit the nail on the head for me.
I thought she was just as dedicated as I was.
Guess what?
She isn't.
Its all an act.
Too look good.
She would walk tomorrow if she had the opportunity.
But me?
I am for real when I say I love my job.
I give up everything, constantly, for my job.

At the end of the day,
I am replaceable.
I could be fired tomorrow.
and I would be heartbroken.

There has to be more to life.
I just need to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment