Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wreck.

When it comes to designer I am very much an "I NEED IT" kinda gal.
I am sure my credit cards thank their lucky stars I am too much of a fat ass to fit into the ready to wears, or else I would be in even more debt then I already am.

That said, I prefer the finer things in life.
You will not find a knockoff in my collection.
In fact, they kind of disgust me.
And they make the real thing less special.

My major addiction are sunglasses.
However, I go through a pair every month or so.
I have a bad habit of wearing them on my head, they fall, they smash.
On Monday the screw came out of my new Dolce sunglasses.
I got them fixed.
Today, the same side fell off. I have NO idea how it happened.
$600 sunglasses - gone.

I was always an anti-Guess bag girl.
I love the jewelry and the shoes, I just couldn't get into the bags.
They look tacky, covered in logos, LV wannabes.
That said, last year I bought a GORGEOUS black leather oversized tote.
Duty-Free.
I have used it ever since.
Which is a VERY rare occurrence for me.
Today, I spilt coffee - INTO the bag.
Farewell lining.
$199 bag - gone

I forked out for the Alexander McQueen black silk scarf.
It arrived the day before the news of his death.
RIP.
Took me a while to wear it, out of respect.
And I have oh so careful with it.
Today I wore it as a belt.
Today I opened a can of redbull, whilst driving.
I didn't tap the top.
It exploded.
Jeans drenched. Boots a little damp.
Scarf is quite possibly ruined.
$120 scarf - gone

I am in mourning.
I ruined a weeks worth of wages.
Shit.
But the pain of the lost items.
Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment