Friday, June 4, 2010

Family.

Don't me wrong, I love my family to bits.
I would do anything for them.
My immediate family, that is.

But my gosh do the drive me crazy.

My dad is as strict as they come.
I am well into my twenties, moved out of home at 18
and yet, he still thinks it is perfectly okay to tell me how to run my life.
and expect me to follow his advice.
Follow his orders.
I fail at life because of the lack of support.
I was always to scared to try because trying meant the possibility of failure.
Failure is just not acceptable.

My mum is a sweetheart.
A total doormat, especially when it comes to my dad.
And extremely naive.
She was married at 20 years old.
My dad was her first, her first everything.

My younger brother is the rebel without a cause.
I was the perfect child, the perfect teenager.
I didn't go out and party.
I didn't fail at school.
I was all around the ideal child, even though I was constantly in trouble for nothing.
My brother has definitely reaped the rewards.
Whilst I am frowned upon for going out, or having an occasional drink
My brother is encouraged to spend time with his [feral] mates.
They know, but do not speak of, his alcohol intake and sex life.
He lost his license, 3 months after getting it.
He is not yet 18. He can do no wrong.

Alzheimer's is hereditary and has affected at least one person of each generation from my maternal side.
My mum is starting to display symptoms.
She denies it of course.
And most of the time I try to be patient with her.
But the incessant nagging and constant repeating of questions really drives me crazy.

I wouldn't trade them for the world, but hell, I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment