Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Selfish

You left 7 weeks ago.

I know, because I am counting.

Before you went away you asked those that care to send you letters, copy of the paper, candy - anything to keep your mind off what was happening.
But you asked in such an offhanded way.

At the time I was eager to do what I could.
Keep your spirits up.
Anything I could do to bring you home.

It's been seven weeks and I have every kind of candy you like.
Savoury snacks that will last the distance.
Playing cards, socks, and a flea collar because thats what the forums said.
And a match report of every game played by your beloved football team.

I have all these things for you.
I have the address to send them to you.

But I am scared.
Sending these things to that address makes it so real.
You receiving these things will make you know I still care.
At least you opening the package means you are still alive.
And I don't know which one I am afraid of more.

Keep fighting.
I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Blogger Miss!
    Sorry your feeling blue, I hope you relationship works out. I know you don't give a rats about Jesse warson, but I caught your Tweet about seeing her and her boat in Shoal Bay. I am Richard in Maryland USA, and I need your help settling a bet. I know you like celebrity gossip . We are trying to figure out whether Jesse in just sailing with her new boyfriend on the boat, out whether there are four people on the boat and what they look like. Did you get to see? You could really help me out, thanks.

    Thanks,
    Richard

    ReplyDelete