Monday, June 7, 2010

My Soldier.

It has now become apparent how real this situation is.

My stomach is in knots.
My eyes are fighting back the tears.

Turned on the computer this morning and the first thing I see
Breaking News: Two Australian Soldiers killed in Afghanistan.

This was an hour ago.
I still cannot bring myself to open that page.
I cannot even bare the thought that someone was killed where you are.
Let alone if your name appears on that page.

You were once my soldier.
You will always be my soldier.
Even if "we" can never be.

I am not functioning.
I am at work, and I need to put this to the back of mind.
But how can I?
You once meant everything to me.
You still mean so, so much.

How can I sit here wishing you are okay when it is condemning another to death.
I want you, need you to, come back okay.
I finally gained the courage to send you a letter and supplies.
The box is sitting in my car awaiting postage.
How can I send this to you knowing that its possible you could never open it?

3 comments:

  1. It is so very sad.
    They haven't released names, but they were part of 2 CER (combat engineer regiment) at Brisbane.
    I don't know if this rules your man in or out, but I hope very much that he is safe.
    As you said, this is a hard thing to hope, as you are forcefully condembing another.

    My heart and thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say something, anything to make it better.
    I hope for you he is safe.
    And at the same time my heart is going out for the soliders families.
    If you need me, I'm here

    And P.S Send the package to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, he is an engineer.
    Stationed in Brisbane before deployment.

    Thanks girls.
    I never thought it would be this hard.

    ReplyDelete