Monday, May 31, 2010

Full On

In case you haven't already worked this out, I suffer from too much or too little.

I complain that I don't have enough to do, and then BAM, I have too much on.
Wish it could even itself out a little bit.

I also hate making plans and having to break them or change them because of some unforeseen circumstance, such as work, license suspensions, ebay wins etc.

This is how my week was supposed to look

Wed: Media Launch. Meetings. Cocktails. Sex and the City advanced screening.
Thurs: Work. Gym. Hair Appt. Write Media Launch report
Fri: Day off work. Sex and the City. Lunch with girls. Dinner Date.
Sat: Work. Dinner Date
Sun: Off work. Sleep In. Coffee hangs. Lunch. Housework

It was nice. It was semi-relaxing.
I had well placed social engagements, fitness engagements, it just worked.

Now,
I have pen lines and post-its and liquid paper mess scribbled all over my diary.
From what I can tell, my week now looks like this
Wed: Media Launch. Taxi run. Meetings. Airport run. Sisters "Annoucement". Sisters celebratory drinks. Cocktails. Sex and the City
Thurs: Taxi. Work. Taxi. Gym. Hair Appt. Write Media Launch report.
Fri: Taxi. Work. Taxi. Dinner Date
Sat: Off work. Pick up bed for the CocoBean - 3 hours south of here.
Sun: Off work. Taxi. Coffee Date. Taxi. Housework.

Add to that a toddler who is independant and refuses hugs until you need to go somewhere or do something and he becomes a clingy koala.

So, while it doesn't change all that much I have had to drop a dinner date, a day out with the girls, cancel my longed for sleep in, add countless $$ to my fuel bill and still expect my kidneys to function, and my eyelids to open on Monday morning.

And I want to add a course in there too?
I can only work in ONE NIGHT to go to the gym.

I think I need to adjust my schedule a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment