Thursday, June 17, 2010

The hard goodbye

As excited as I am for a lunch date with 2 of my favourite ladies tomorrow.
I am equally as sad.

Tomorrow is potentially the last luncheon with Mrs C.
She is leaving us for greener - or should I say, sunnier - pastures.

This is a long-anticipated move.
She is finally getting her family together.

But why can't I push my own jealousies aside and just be happy for her?
I am being selfish.
I don't want her to leave.

But at the same time, I want her to be happy.
I want her son, and her hubby to be happy.

I just wish I had of made an effort sooner for us to be friends.
But, on the other hand, would saying goodbye be even harder?

I know she will always be on the other side of the iPhone screen, and just a text away.
But I feel like I am losing a sister with her departure.

This one is for you Mrs C.
I wish you health, love and happiness.
But I will miss you more than you can imagine.

xoxox

1 comment: